The South Devon coast is buzzing with wildlife providing ample opportunities to get back to nature.
Here is a quick summary of what's around.
- There is very little light pollution making the area perfect for for spotting shooting stars.
- Surrounded by National Trust land
- Wide variety of seabirds
- Hunting ground for hawks which nest on the cliffs
- Southerly location attracts many migratory species
BUTTERFLIES AND MOTHSs
- Incredible variety throughout the year
- Watch out for glow worms on summer evenings
MUSHROOMS AND FUNGI
- Late summer and autumn often bring a glut of edible species.
South West Coast Wildlife
BBC Foraging for Fungi
Audio Guide to S. Devon Dawn Chorus